Batch of 1968
Lt Gen AC Soneja AVSM VSM & Bar
Born at Jalandhar City
School No - 549
House Reported to-Subhash on 21 Jan 63.
Left School - Dec 1968 (Tilak House)
Represented School in long distance running at Dist & State level.
Joined 41 NDA in Jan 1969 in Golf Squadron,
Passed out from NDA in Dec 1972 & from IMA on 24 Dec 1972.
Awarded Blue in X- Country in NDA.
Commissioned in 3 JAK RIF and seen active service both in the East as also in J&K.
Courses Attended - YO’s (with instr in Cdos), Battalion Support Weapons, OPTC (with best in X- Country, BPET,OT and standard certificate in Boxing),
Junior Command Course, Staff Course, Senior Command and Higher Command courses.
- 2 JAK RIF in J&K, (Battalion awarded 86 awards in one tenure which is a record till date)
- 89 Inf Bde in Punjab,
- 71 Sub Area and
- Counter Insurgency Force Romeo ( both in J&K).
Important Staff Appointments
- Instructor NDA,
- GSO 2 University Division in DSSC Wellington,
- Col i/c Administration of an Infantry Division and
- Director Complaints Advisory Board in COAS Sectt in the rank of Col
- Provost Marshal of Indian Army as Major General
- Director General Operational Logistics &Strategic Movements.
Lt Gen Gurdeep Singh, AVSM, VSM
Born at Jalandhar City
School No - 380 ( Jan 1962)
House Reported to- Lajpat
Left School - Jun 1968 (Bhagat House)
Passed out of 40 NDA with Silver Medal (First in order of Merit
Commissioned - 31 Mar 1972 Regiment of Artillery (Indian Army). Awarded Silver gun on Young Officers Course (Best YO)
Qualified Helicopter pilot, of Army Aviation (Air OP)
Attended Long Gunnery Staff Course(LGSC) of Artillery, Defence Services Staff College,
Higher Command Course,& National Defence College
Topped all courses attended including Staff College and LGSC
Instructor at School of Artillery and Staff College
Qualified Instructor on Bofors Guns from Sweden
Commanded the only Heavy Regiment of the Indian Army
Commanded Artillery Brigade in the crucial Punjab Sector during Op PARAKRAM
- Brigade Major of Mountain Brigade in High Altitude Area
- GSO1 (Ops) in Mountain Division in High Altitude Area
- Colonel Administration of an Infantry Division
- Brigadier Admin of a Strike Corps in Deserts
- Major General Admin of a Command in Western Sector
- Additional Director General Assam Rifles in North East in Counter Insurgency Operations
- Director General Financial Planning at Army Headquarters
- Presently posted as Commandant School of Artillery
Air Marshal Anil Chopra AVSM VM VSM
Born at Kapurthala
School No – 349
House Reported to – Bhagat
Left School - Dec 1968
Passed out 41 st NDA course
Winner of all Flying trophies at Commissioning.
Commissioned as a Fighter Pilot in Jun 1973.
A Qualified Flying Instructor, Experimental Test Pilot (Winner of all trophies), and Instrument Rating Examiner. DS qualification in Staff College.
Flown 3500 hrs on over 40 types of Aircraft.
- Member of initial batch of pilots trained on Mirage 2000 in France.
- Commanded No. 1 Squadron (Mirage 2000)
- Was Staff Officer to three Air Chiefs
- Team Leader MiG 21 Upgrade Project at Moscow Russia for over 4 years.
- Commanded Air Force Station Chabua
- Commandant of Aircraft and System Testing Establishment.
- Commanded Air Force Station Halwara, Punjab
- Air Officer Commanding
J & K at Udhampur. (Awarded Gandhi Peace Medal for this tenure)
- Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Inspections) at Air HQs.
- Senior Air Staff Officer Southern Air Command, Trivandrum.
- Now posted as Air Officer Personnel at Air HQs.
Lt Gen DS Thakur
Born at New Delhi
School number – 335 (Jan 1962)
House reported to - Subhash
Left School - Dec 1968 (Tilak house)
41 st NDA Course
Commissioned - 23 Dec 1973
Maratha light infantry
Commanded JANGI PALTAN of Maratha Light Infantry.
Defence Services Staff College and Senior & Higher Command Courses.
Attended prestigious Royal College of Defence Services Course London (UK).
Commanded an Independent Infantry Brigade and an Infantry Division of a Strike Corps
in the Western Sector.
Important staff Appointments held
- Brigade Major of an Independent Infantry Brigade.
- Assistant Military Secretary in Military Secretary Branch, Army HQ.
- Director in Directorate General of Military Operations (during Op PARAKRAM).
- BGS (Ops) of a highly active Army Command.
- DDG PP (Strategy) in Additional Directorate General of Perspective and Planning, Army HQ.
- Commanded a sensitive Corps in Western Sector.
- Currently DGMI at Army HQ.